Wednesday 23 May 2012

From a Hotelier to His Valentine

From a Hotelier to His Valentine


I love you, that I do, and such a day as this reminds me the much I do. I would have loved to be next to you, to hold you, to gaze into your eyes, to walk you on the beach, to make you a meal, to get you wild with all manner of surprises- chocolate and flowers and shoes, and rings, necklaces and bracelets. But alas, you are so far away, and robbed all other means of expression, 26 letters is all I have to say how much I love you. I know, for such a beauty as you, astounding in all ways, a 26 letter alphabet can not begin to tell the surge of love you excite in my heart at the very thought of you!

When I wake up in the morning (5 am, I have to be awake before all my guests), I will think of you. When I go to bed (2am, I only go to bed after all my guests have retired), I will say a prayer for you, and ask God to bless and keep you. I will have a rough day (these so many couples saying how they want their valentine special, sundowners, bush dinners, wines and champagnes and cakes), but amidst all the hassle, I will have fond thoughts of you.

I can guess how hard it will be for you tonight, as you lie on your bed, awake and lonely and longing as I fumble into mine, tired and exhausted beyond consciousness. But am sure you will understand, it is not my nature, it is the nature of my Job.

And the little ones please give them a tight hug for me; tell them daddy loves them, and that he is working hard for them. Tell them to work hard, to be disciplined and to put in their best at school (oh, memory fails me, did junior go to class three or four this year?)

I will be taking a few days off next week. I know the kids will be in school and you will most likely be tight at work. But am sure we can squeeze in a late valentine dinner one of the evenings. We have not had a meal together for a couple of months now.

I have a weekend complimentary in Malindi this Easter. I really want you and the kids to have a wonderful holiday. I am sure it will be far better than your time out last Christmas. The beach is always more exciting for young ones. It is such a shame I will not be able to join you this time too. You surely understand these are our busy times. But savor every bit of it love, you and the kids, I will always do my best to give you the best the world has to offer.

I hope this letter gets to you before valentine is over and the little token of my love for you attached, they say presents endears the absents. Be sure, across the ridges and beyond the hills, my love for you is unwearied. My desire for you is unquenched and I hope (really hope), you still feel the same. Last time you said you feel alienated, and wondered how long it will remain this way. But you see love; you would have nothing but contempt for me if I stayed at your side and can not provide for the family. It is for you and the kids I do this. See as I said, it is not my nature; it is the nature of my work.

My love, I must leave it at that, but not before repeating, I love you though I be away from you; as my tutor once told me, like scissors, we separate to operate.

Love, Blessings and Happiness
Your Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment